Monday, February 22, 2010

My Head is Hung in Tasty, Tasty Shame

Today, I became THAT tourist. We all know who THAT tourist is. They go to a foreign country and eat only what they are used to eating - hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. I have made a conscious effort to avoid being THAT tourist during my first trip away from North America. But today I buckled.

I had to walk to the Post Office today - not a horrid walk, if a bit long to undertake in the heat of the afternoon - in order to mail postcards off. On my way there, I passed the Pizza Hut. Again. And on the way back, the familiar smell hit me and I just had to go in. I ordered a Hawaiian pizza and paid about the equivalent of $3.50 for a small. It was SO worth it, though.

Nom. *in shame*

2 comments:

  1. Your Daddy always craves popcorn when we travel. He looked very assiduously and fruitlessly in Norway for popped popcorn, for un-popped popcorn ( don't know how he was going to pop it on board ship) any popcorn. Pizza sounds very good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel too bad then. And there is the fact that the pineapple on the pizza was fresh instead of canned. Yum!

    ReplyDelete