Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Errands and Thoughts

So, today was errand day in Bangkok. I was reminded how much I love the colors here in Thailand - pinks, purples, blues, greens, yellows, oranges, reds, and combinations of all of those, and that's just the taxis! It amazes me how something so ordinary and blah in the states can be made to look so beautiful with a splash of paint and a trip halfway around the world.

Another thing that surprises me is the juxtapositions that exist everywhere. Out my hotel window alone I can see a series of slum style buildings, a new high rise being built, and a beautiful temple. It isn't something that would be expected in the US at all. Sometimes, you even get contrasts within a single building:

Photobucket

So many things that are beautiful and old and slightly sad all while still smiling.

And, because I am a forensics geek:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Amazing contrasts in just one building! And, of course, you had to take the pic of "Scientific Criminal Division."

    ReplyDelete